Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wednesday, January 11 2017 - NBA/NCAAB

Before I get started today, I just wanted to thank those of you that visited me on my first day. I had more page views than I expected, and as this gets rolling along I hope you will continue to visit me daily, as well as increasing the views as more people find my site. So thank you very much. I had over 29,000 page views on my NBA thread and nearly 8,000 for the NCAAB. I hope those folks find their way here. On to today's games.

                                              NBA 1/11
New York -1.5: ( 91-41, 5-2)
NY/Philadelphia UNDER 209.5: (35-16, 5-5)
Cleveland -5: (67-31, 10-6), (44-15, 0-1) (70-34, 15-8)

New York is a mess, with the Derrick Rose nonsense and losing 8 out of their last 9. But Philly fits a solid fade situation, so we will hold our nose and play the Knicks tonight. The Knicks play is a play against Philadelphia. The UNDER situation has been very streaky, going Under the last 4 times, with 5 Overs before that. Its been just 50% this year but historically pretty good, so we will try it tonight. 

Cleveland just lost last night in Utah, with Korver playing his first game. Utah is tough at home, and when you add a new player into your mix it takes a minute to adjust for that. Even for a team as good as Cleveland. I expect a focused group of Cavs tonight, and with 3 separate angles popping up for this game this is probably the best play on our board tonight. This game was a borderline OVER 220.5 play that was line dependent. If Clev goes over -5 it isn't a play. It opened at -3.5 and quickly went to -5. It wouldn't surprise me if it gets above -5. It's an official no play, but if anyone is interested in this total I would leeeeeeeean Over.

                                      NCAAB 1/11

Iowa St/Oklahoma St UNDER 158.5: (95-35, 29-13)
Tulane +5 (If it drops below +5 NO PLAY): (140-50, 0-2)
Northern Iowa -3.5: (72-26, 3-0)
Seton Hall/Marquette OVER 152.5: (44-25, 3-1)

The UNDER play is the one I talked about yesterday, its been great all year. Tulane is line dependent, wait on this line and if it goes below +5 then its a PASS. No Iowa is a play against Bradley, fading a losing team that just lost and didn't cover at home. The Over play involves a dog of a certain price off of a blowout home win playing a team that just lost by DD on the road.  These teams usually hook up in a game that is higher scoring than expected. Its been good since 2010 and great over the last 4 years going 25-7 to the Over during that span.

Another quiet night on the ice, as I didn't have a single NHL game pop up. Its rare that I go consecutive days without a play, but it also reminds me to never force a play. BTW, fading or Fade means to play against a team. So if I say we are fading Philadelphia tonight, it means we play the other side which tonight would be New York.  Have a great day and good luck with your action.


1 comment:

  1. Great job last night, looking forward to your daily picks. It's cool to find a guy that is no nonsense and knows what he's talking about. Thank you for your time and good luck tonight. I've been following you for quite awhile on your previous site, and your posts are filled with honesty, insight, and quality. I hope more people find your blog, its outstanding.

    ReplyDelete