Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday, January 22 2017, NFL Conf Championships and Hoops

                                                                 NFL


Pittsburgh +6/UNDER 51:

Dogs of 6+ with a total less than 50 and aren't public plays do very well in the playoffs. Both teams give up less than 20 points per game, with Pittsburgh playing better than that over the last half of the season. Much has been made about NE facing weak teams and weak QBs, and while that may be true they can only play who is on the schedule. They played earlier this year when Big Ben was out, and NE prevailed. The problem that game was the rush defense for Pittsburgh, they were gashed for 140 yds at 4.8/att.  I mentioned last week Pittsburgh doesn't score as many points away from home as they do at Heinz Field. With an improved defense the last half of the season, I think Pittsburgh keeps it close and may win outright.  24-23 New England.

Atlanta PK/OVER 54.5 (2 Team 6pt Teaser)

I am struggling with the other game. I have a future ticket on GB winning the Conference and Super Bowl, 4/1 and 8/1. At full strength I really like them, but man they are beat up. I just wonder how much continuity they can have with so many receivers hobbling or out. Normally I would love GB getting 6 points, but Atlanta just has that look of a team going to the Super Bowl. However, we've seen this before from these guys.  Is this the year Matt Ryan finally breaks thru in the final game at the Georgia Dome?? It seems as if everyone loves Atlanta and the Over, which would normally have me taking Green Bay and the Under. With a fast track and 2 defenses that aren't the greatest, hard to take the under even at the inflated number. A 2 team teaser with Atlanta and the Over maybe a decent idea. A 6pt teaser +6/54.5 is -110. Let's make this the official play.

                                       NCAAB
Youngstown St +4.5: (28-6, 0-0) (59-15, 5-3)
Fairfield/Monmouth UNDER 161.5: (91-32, 31-13)

EDIT 9:30AM: FAIRFIELD NO PLAY - I just got up and saw that it fell out of a play. I would buy out of it if you already played it. 

Youngstown St a dog that just won outright as a DD Dog. Also, a road team that has allowed a lot of points lately vs an opp that just won. The UNDER is the pace play that has been very good despite the awful beat yesterday.

                                       NBA
Minnesota -4.5: (70-28, 0-0)
Los Angeles Lakers/Dallas UNDER 206.5: (27-9, 3-1)

Minnesota a bad RF previously favored, not on a road trip or a BTB. UNDER is a road team that just won by DD as a dog.

Enjoy the football games. Its my favorite football day of the year, a day I always request off from my job. I will watch 7 hours of football, my wife making some great wings and I will make some killer nachos. Grilled carne asada, my famous guacamole, homemade salsa, a nacho cheese recipe that rocks, jalapeños, the works. I hope you all have a great time, a cold drink in one hand and something tasty in the other. Good luck with your action.

1 comment:

  1. Fairfield has dropped out of a play, if you played it I would suggest buying out of it.

    ReplyDelete