Thursday, March 30, 2017

BIZ Baseball 2017 Preview - PLEASE READ

OK folks, its time for baseball. The 2017 season kicks off next week and I will have you covered from the 1st pitch all the way through the post season. I handicap baseball the same way as I do every sport, playing teams in situations that have historically shown a profit. Here is the link to my thread I posted daily in the Baseball Forum at the RX (copy and paste the link into your browser). 

http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=1050232

I had a solid winning season. The year started off miserably, down 30+ units thru May. However, from June 4 through the end of the season I picked up 59 units putting us squarely in the black. A solid and profitable season. I play a lot of games, last year I posted 867 plays. Now you may think thats nuts, but if you break it down over 6 months its about an average of 5 plays per day. Some days more, some less.  I urge you to check out last year's thread, and read the various comments I make throughout the year to get a good feel for how we go about it. 

One thing that is of utmost importance is bankroll management. If you follow my advice, you will have a profitable baseball season. You will notice we play plenty of dogs and will be betting against heavy favorites. Many people can't do this, but you must be able to play against reputation pitchers, play against heavy favorites - at times - if you want to be profitable. As I said, please go thru last year's thread and look at the number of nice priced dogs we play and hit. 

I mentioned bankroll management. The amount you will play on each game is 2% of bankroll.  If you have a $1000 bankroll you will play $20/game. You need a $5,000 bankroll to play $100/game. Bankroll management is without a doubt the NUMBER 1 reason people fail. It gets you through rough stretches, it allows you to play the volume of games we play. A $50/gm player should have a $2500 bankroll. 

This year I will have 2 sets of plays, something I am doing for the first time. 

1) TOP PLAYS: I have targeted a specific set of angles that I will designate as Top Plays. If you aren't comfortable playing a high volume of plays, this is for you.  These situations have shown to be profitable every year, and hopefully that will continue.  I have had angles that have had many years of winning, only to have a down year so in no way am I saying these are 100% guaranteed winners.  What I am saying is that over the past 7 years each angle has shown a profit every year. 

2) REGULAR PLAYS: These are every angle that hasn't been designated a Top Play.  These are solid plays and should NOT be looked at as inferior. They may have had a losing year last year or sometime within the last 7 years. But overall they are profitable and well worth your time. 

Some of my plays are dependent on lines, and games will appear as plays later in the day as lines move. I will post most of my plays very early so you can get the best possible price. Some of my totals are based on umpires, which are announced later in the day for series game 1. These plays will usually be posted an hour before game time. The vast majority of my plays will be listed early in the day. I would check back 30 minutes before the 1st pitch of a game to see if I have added any plays. 

If you follow my advice, you will have a winning baseball season. You will have a lot of fun playing dogs, at times high priced dogs, and winning with them. The NUMBER 1 reason people lose at baseball is that they play too many favorites. You just can't do it. I'm not saying we won't play favorites, we certainly will. But we will target situations where it makes sense to do so.

Last thing. Baseball can be VERY streaky, another reason I stress bankroll management. There will be huge winning days, and some days will be awful. When we get a really bad day, just like we do with basketball, its important to not panic. Do not stop playing, size down wagers, etc...  Make the SAME wagers EVERY day. We will come out on top at the end of the season. Remember its the overall record that counts not 1 day. 

If you have any questions about anything, please ask. You can leave it in the comments section below, or you are always welcome to send an email.
biz112763@gmail.com

Folks, this year we have had an outstanding basketball season. I gave you the link to last year's baseball that showed a solid and profitable season. I have had winning football seasons. 

I created this site to provide winning game selections to those that are looking for some guidance. For those that have enjoyed a profitable basketball season, I am sure you will continue to visit this site and win.  For those folks finding me for the first time, I welcome you into our winning community.

I don't charge a fee or anything up front. I have a Donate button on the right side of the page. I kindly ask that if you are satisfied with the information I provide and it helps lead you to profits, that I would appreciate any gratuity that you send my way. I feel that is more than fair.

For those wanting to know a little more about my background, you can find that here. It details my background and my wagering philosophy among other things.

http://winningwithbiz.blogspot.com/2014/07/welcome-to-winning-with-biz.html

Thanks for dropping by, continued success to you all, and let's have another great baseball season.





6 comments:

  1. Biz, do you have any season long predictions? I like Houston to take the AL West and got it at -135.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q,
      I don't really study yearly win totals. I did have Cubs last year, but it was a rare play. I will look into it and see if I can come up with something. I can't argue at all with your Houston bet.

      Delete
  2. Biz,
    First let me say that I appreciate all of your hard work. I have made some nice money following your advice, your NBA has been crazy good lately. I sent you something thru your Donate button, something every last person should do if they are following your advice. Its the absolute least we can do for you.

    I have followed you for a few years now, and did so last baseball season. The quality of your work is second to none. I am looking forward to another profitable season.

    I would urge anyone looking for someone to help them out to give Biz a shot. His record shows that he is about as good as they come. Again, thanks for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B,
      I appreciate the gratuity. For folks like you that have sent me a gratuity this year, I have something for all of you. I'll let you know when that happens.

      Delete
  3. Biz,
    I found you on the promo site on the RX, and decided to give you a look. Been lurking for over a month now and I must say you are damn good. I get a kick out of your comments, specifically about the touts.

    You sir are a breath of fresh air, you say exactly what is on your mind and I have immense respect for that. Continued success to you, and I will absolutely follow your advice for as long as you care to do so. There are a lot of us looking for a little help, and you provide quality that is hard to find. Lets have a great Baseball season!!!

    ReplyDelete